Walking with Tales, Myths and Miracles
WhereIn and Around Bengaluru
Need to know
- Our city walks are typically private walks, designed to suits the needs and preferences of the groups joining us on these walks.
- The duration of a walk is approximately 3 hours. However, it is not an athletic event. We will not be walking the entire time. Each walk will be relaxed and 'unhurried', with numerous stops and can be done by people of all ages and fitness levels.
- Please wear comfortable walking footwear. However, be prepared to leave your footwear outside while entering temples that may be part of the walk.
- While most of the walk is in public property, please also be prepared to adhere to explicit terms of private property we enter like restaurants, etc.
- Most walks include a short meal. Be open to trying out various south Indian specialties. However, if you are allergic to anything, please write to us in advance, so we may be able to guide you accordingly.
- During summers (April — June), please carry sun protective gear like sunglasses, caps/hats/umbrellas, etc. In fact, during monsoons (June-August) too, an umbrella or a cap could shelter you both from the sudden rain and the strong sun.
- Carry a bottle of water to keep you hydrated at all times.
- Most areas we walk through may be crowded. Please be careful of personal belongings while on the walk.
- Please take care to arrive at the given time. It is you who will miss out on parts of your plan if you are late. No refunds will be encouraged later.
Unhurried - Travel with tales, myths and miracles
Any city is best discovered on feet; walking through by-lanes, taking in the sights, smelling the fragrances, hearing subtle sounds, without the hustle-bustle of a busy day. Experience an 'unhurried' walk, almost in slow motion, while the city around you races past. Join us on a trail of your choice.
Every piece of land we use, every plant and every insect, every spice we add to our meal, every film made, every song sung, every poem written is the city's treasure. This is what we've inherited from people who lived here before us.
Every city has its own unique history, influences of rulers from the past, little quirks and distinct idiosyncrasies that can't be understood if you didn't walk in the shoes of those who did before you. At Unhurried, we aim to take you along the city's life through stories from the past, to show you what you often see in a new light, to encourage you to empathize with the Bangalore you engage with everyday.